What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a tool for website owners to manage their online presence across Google, including search and Map. It allows you to create, verify and edit listing information to help potential customers find your business.
Google My Business and SEO
(Search Engine Optimisation)
Having Google My Business account increases your website visibility in search results for branded searches. It also helps users find listing information and get directions to your business directly from the search results, which is perfect for mobile users! Google My Business is essential for local SEO. It enables your business listing to appear in local search results for searches specific to your products or services. Even broad queries with large volumes display local results, and this is something small business owners and organizations can capitalise on.
Easily accessible business information
You can make sure your customers have access to accurate information such as:
- business operating hours,
- website URL, telephone number,
- street address,
- customer reviews
When they find your business via Google Maps or Search. It’s important to ensure your Google my Business page is fully optimised, accurate, and up to date to provide users with the best experience when searching for your products or services online.
In addition, Google My Business pages offer a range of tools to attract and inform local customers, details like:
- product lists,
- hours of operation,
- accepted payment types,
- and interactive features such as photos and reviews,
- special offers.
Google My Business Reviews
Google My Business allows you to interact with customers by responding to both positive and negative reviews about your business.
High-quality, positive reviews from your customers will improve your business’ visibility. It also increases the likelihood that a potential customer will visit your website. Encourage your customers to leave feedback by creating a link they can click on to write reviews on your website or email signature. Don’t be afraid to ask your customers personally to write reviews in-store, online or via email.
Google My Business Analytics
Google My Business platform offers analytic data, enabling local businesses to learn a bit about their customers. For instance, on Google Maps, you can access information on where requests for driving directions to your business originate from. This is something that can help you target new customers in the area, or even pick the right neighbourhood to expand to as your business grows.
Google My Business Tips
- Choose the most appropriate category/categories for your business. This way your business can appear for various product or service-based keyword searches.
- Add photos that best showcase your business. Choose high-quality photos that highlight different areas of your business. These may include your company logo, interior and exterior images of your business, and product or service offerings.
- Encourage visitors to upload photos of your venue/business.
- Check the popular times of the day and use paid social or AdWords to drive more visitors to your business during slower hours.
- Encourage local reviews and social check-ins from your customers. Some businesses even offer an incentive to customers who do so.