The Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment has announced a further call for applications for financial assistance for retailers under the Online Retail Scheme.
Comparing to previous calls, this scheme has been modified in several ways, among them:
- The minimum project expenditure is €20,000. Applications with expenditure below €20,000 will be considered ineligible
- For first time applicants, the grant is calculated at a maximum of 80% of eligible expenditure of up to €80,000. The maximum grant available is up to €64,000
- For applicants who were awarded funding in the previous Online Retail scheme calls, the grant is calculated at a maximum of 50% of eligible expenditure of up to €80,000. The maximum grant available is up to €40,000
- The companies may apply and be granted ORS funding more than twice and there is no 3-year rolling period limitation
- Some changes in evaluation criteria and weighting (including new standalone criterion “Internal Project Champion”)
The above list is not exhaustive, and retailers are encouraged to familiarise themselves with all the conditions outlined on our website before beginning the application.
- Key dates to note:
- Call open: 5th May
- Call close: 1st June at 12 pm (noon)
- Final Claim date: 4th November 2022
Please remember that submission of the project is a two-stage process, a complete application consists of an application form submitted via online portal available on Enterprise Ireland’s website and company’s Statutory Accounts which are no more than two years old submitted via email. These accounts must be received by Call close at 12 noon on 1st June 2022 in order for an application to be deemed valid. Applications in any other format will not be accepted. All sections of the application form must be completed in full. Applicants who fail to submit accounts on time or submit incomplete applications will not be processed by Enterprise Ireland.
There will be webinars outlining the application and evaluation process in the coming weeks.
For more information about the scheme go to: https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/funding-supports/Online-Retail/Online-Retail-Scheme/